Dr. Tong Blog
HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
Derek Tong, O.D., FAAO, FCOVD, FNORA
Center for Vision Development Optometry Inc.
2700 E. Foothill Blvd., Ste. 207 (2nd floor)
Pasadena, CA 91107
Center for Vision Development Optometry Inc. is committed to helping people improve their visual function so that it doesn't interfere with their ability to read, learn or function in life. We work with children as well as adults. Whether you have learning difficulties, an eye turn, lazy eye or are struggling with vision problems as a result of a head injury, we can help.
We use a developmental approach to vision, paying close attention to visual conditions that affect behavior and school/work performance. Treatment modalities to enhance visual function may include Optometric Vision Therapy and carefully prescribed lenses or prisms. Call or email us today to find out how we can help you.
Center for Vision Development Optometry Inc. provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Prescriptions for Corrective Lenses, including Specialty Lenses, such as:
- Compensatory Lenses for Nearsightedness, Farsightedness, and/or Astigmatism to Maximize Clarity of Central Vision.
- Therapeutic Prisms Lenses to Enhance Visual-spatial Awareness, Depth Perception, Balance and/or Peripheral Vision.
- Corrective Prescriptions for Aniseikonia (One of the Few Practices in the Country that Prescribes Special Lenses for this Diagnosis)
- Tinted Lenses
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming, and
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Developmental Vision Evaluation for Individuals with Autism, Aspergers, or Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Neurological Disease, and/or Developmental Delays, including Concussions, Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches, Motion Sickness and/or Balance Problems
- Sports Vision Training or Therapy
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
Optometrists and Eye Doctors who provide pediatric eye care, pre-school or preschool eye examinations, Back to School eye exams, vision care, screenings, eye exercises, vision training, visual therapy. Serving patients from Temple City, CA, San Gabriel, Rosemead, El Monte, Monterey Park, Alhambra, Pasadena, South Pasadena, Arcadia, Baldwin Park, Whittier, Pomona, Altadena, San Marino, Los Angeles metro area, CA, California
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use